What information is collected from you?
If you choose to enroll in newborn stem cell banking, ICT U.S. asks for certain personal information, including but not limited to your name, mailing address, e-mail address, credit card number, phone number and government-issued identification number, as well as certain health-related information – such as the expected due date, your health care plan, delivery hospital and doctor or midwife. Once you enroll, you are no longer anonymous to ICT U.S. You will be given a ICT U.S. identification number, and you will be able to take full advantage of all that ICT U.S. has to offer. When you enroll, you will also be asked to set a security question or use a code to access your account online. And you will be required to provide an answer for authentication purposes when you log into your account.
You may request information about clinical trials without enrolling. You will be asked to provide your name, mailing address, email address, phone number, and medical condition in which you are interested. When you request information from ICT U.S, we may ask for your name, email address, due date and other information that will help us assist you. Some information is required while other information may be submitted at your option.
In addition, we may ask you for personal information at other times, including but not limited to: when you answer a survey or quiz; when you enter a sweepstakes, contest or promotion sponsored by ICT U.S; and when you report a problem with one of our sites or services. If you contact ICT U.S, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
When you refer a friend or family member, ICT U.S. may collect the information you provide about that person, such as name, mailing address, email address and phone number.
ICT U.S. also collects information that does not personally identify you. This may include your domain name and IP address, but not your email address. This information (“Site Usage Information”) may be aggregated to measure certain traffic patterns on our websites, such as the number of visits, average time spent on the website, pages viewed and so on. If we do combine non-personal information with personal information, the combined information will be treated as personal information, as long as it remains combined.
Who is collecting your information?
How is your information used?
- We may use your personal information internally for our general business purposes, such as providing the services you request, responding to your inquiries and offering you our own, our affiliates’ or third-party products and services that we think you may find of interest.
- We may also use personal information to help us develop, deliver and improve ICT U.S. products, services, content, and advertising.
- We may use your personal information to provide notices to you and to keep you updated on ICT U.S. latest announcements.
- From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about your account. Because this information is important to your interaction with ICT U.S, you may not opt out from receiving these communications.
- We may also use your personal information for internal purposes, such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve ICT U.S. products, services, and customer communications.
- If you enter into a sweepstake, contest or similar promotion, we may use the information you provide to administer that program and as otherwise set forth in theÂ sweepstake/contest rules.
- If you sign up for our gift registry, we may use and/or display your full name, state and expected due date to personalize your information on our gift registry site and/or in an email that we may send on your behalf, announcing your ICT U.S. gift registry.
- If you sign up to receive alerts to track your newborn stem cell collection kit, we will use the email address and/or mobile cell phone number you provide when signing up to track your kit for the sole purpose of providing you with tracking information about your collection kit.
- We may collect, use, transfer and disclose non-personal information for any purpose.
With whom may your information be shared?
Healthcare providers: If you provide your healthcare provider’s information to us, we may disclose personally identifiable information you provided us with to that provider.
Service providers: We may disclose personally identifiable information about you to companies who provide services to ICT U.S, such as information processing, extending credit, delivering products to you, managing and enhancing customer data, providing marketing assistance, providing customer service, processing orders, fulfilling orders and requests, and conducting customer research.
Marketing use: Your personal information will not be shared with third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
Others: We may disclose personally identifiable information about you if you request or authorize it. In addition, it may be necessary under law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities, for ICT U.S. to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is necessary or appropriate for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance.
We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations, rights or safety or the rights or safety of others. Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
How is your personal, financial and health-related information treated and what security precautions are in place to protect you against the loss, misuse, or alteration of your information?
ICT U.S. takes precautions – including administrative, technical, and physical measures – to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft, and misuse, as well as against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
There are several places on the ICT U.S. site where you can transmit credit card information in order to complete a purchase transaction or for verification purposes. Anytime we ask for a credit card number we transmit that number in an encrypted format. For instance, we may use SSL (secure socket layer) encryption.
ICT U.S. uses a variety of means to protect personal information provided by users of the website, including the usage of firewalls and other security measures on its servers. No server, however, is 100% secure, and you should take this into account when submitting personal or confidential information about yourself on any website, including this one.
What else should you know about your online privacy?
Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information online – for example on message boards, through E-Mail, or our office phone – that information can be collected and used by others. In short, if you post personal information online that is accessible to the public, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return.
This website is not intended to collect or maintain personally identifiable information from persons under 13 years old. IF YOU ARE UNDER 13 YEARS OF AGE, PLEASE DO NOT USE OR ACCESS THIS WEBSITE. If ICT U.S. learns that personally identifiable information has been collected from a person under 13 years old without verifiable parental consent, ICT U.S. will take the appropriate steps to delete this information.